2.17.2014

Embracing my curls

My hair is a real struggle. It's thick, curly, coarse, frizzy, and some times impossible to tame. It goes through phases. There are times that my curls are great...other times I look like I could have been on the Infusium 23 commercials. I know you all know what I'm talking about. I wake up in the morning and could scare small children. So, embracing my curls is not always an easy task. I had my hair short a few years ago...those of you that have been around a while know the cute little asymmetrical bob I rocked for a couple of years. I had to grow it out. Then, get the layering under control before I would even attempt curls again...because I would legit have a frizzy afro situation. You think I'm kidding...it's in fact VERY true.

Since Christmas, I have been working with my curls and I have to say it's working for now. I just hope my hair doesn't become accustomed to the products and stop working. This has happened before. So, let me show you what I'm working with....



When I leave my hair curly, I shower in the morning or at least wash my hair in the morning. But, typically I shower at night. The first four pictures were taken before bed...I just wanted you to see it in its natural state. These two photos show my hair straight out of the shower. Still pretty wet. Yes, this is me without a drop of make-up on too. That's how much I love all of you.

When I get out of the shower, I throw it up in a loose bun on the top of my head so it can dry a bit. Again, I only do this at night. I have to get product on it pretty quickly in the morning so I don't have a lot of time to take photos of it. Plus, I'm usually running late!



Now it's getting dry after wearing it on top of my head for a bit. I wear it loose so it doesn't crease too much. I like to use the ribbon hair ties. The morning after taking these photos I just wore my hair in a top knot because my curls weren't too crazy. If I go to bed with it really wet...I wake up looking like a lion!



So, these two show my hair after washing it in the morning. It's still kind of damp so the curls look a little wet but it gets softer as it dries. Currently, I'm using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Mousse and Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. Both of these products can be found at the drug store, Target, Walmart, etc. I put the mousse on first. I use a decent handful and distribute it throughout. Then, I spray the sea salt spray all over. I'm pretty meticulous about it and make sure it gets everywhere because this really helps with the curls. I try not to touch it very much. But, I kind of flip it from side to side so it can dry underneath while I'm doing my make-up. I do have to flat iron my bangs because I get this awesome flip thing happening!

Well, that was quite the long winded breakdown of my daily hair struggle. And it truly is a struggle! Are any of you cursed blessed with curly hair? What products do you use?


No comments:

Post a Comment