2.20.2014

Cake Pops...

My cousin is pregnant and I'm planning her baby shower. We're doing a "Ready To Pop" theme so she asked for cake pops. I thought, let's see if I can make these and save a little money. Yeah well, these are not easy and I will probably NEVER make them again. We are definitely ordering them for the shower. But, I figured I would share my experience with all of you. They turned out delicious. Not the prettiest cake pops ever but oh well. I got the hang of things towards the end.

I used this tutorial that I pinned and it was spot on. Follow all of her tips and your cake pops will come out perfectly. 





My least favorite part...cutting the cake out. I pulled the top layer of the cake off too because it was a little done and it didn't want it to mess up the consistency. So, that was pretty annoying but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. 



I used my Pampered Chef cookie dough scoop so the size would be consistent. 


I put the balls in the freezer for about 15 minutes and they were set up enough to handle. I let them sit out while I melted the chocolate melts. By the way, I make buckeyes almost every year and I always use chocolate chips for it. I will never do that again. These white chocolate melts are delicious and melting them is insanely easier. Plus, they stay warm and melted for a long time. 



As you can see the chocolate ran a little bit. Not the cutest but it got the job done. Oh and you have to have something to put the stick in...forgot about that. So I found an Amazon box and punched holes in it. Worked like a charm! The strawberry with cream cheese frosting was DELICIOUS.

Do any of you enjoy making these? I find them to be incredibly frustrating and time consuming. I'm sure, like anything else, they get easier the more you make them but for now I'll stick to sugar cookies. I know where my strengths are!

No comments:

Post a Comment