5.16.2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did It - Avocado and Egg Breakfast

I made this a couple of weeks ago and it has become one of my favorites. I originally pinned this recipe and then I saw Caitlin @ Southern Curls & Pearls posted this recipe. So, I decided to give it a shot.




Ingredients:
1 Avocado
2 Eggs
Sea Salt
Pepper
Desired Topping (salsa, Frank's, bacon, etc.)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 
2. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. 
3. Hallow out the avocado by making the hole from the pit larger. I found that I needed to make it pretty large because my egg was overflowing. So, depending on the size of your eggs, you will need to hallow it out quite a bit. 
4. Crack an egg into each half of the avocado.Top with sea salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. 
6. Add your desired topping. I used my favorite salsa and it was DELICIOUS!! 

The avocado becomes incredibly creamy which is a great combination with the warm egg. I loved the added spice from my salsa. 

This is a super simple recipe that is healthy and filling. I highly recommend it! 



XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Yummo! I'm so going to be making this and let's not kidding ourselves...I'll be topping it with an unhealthy amount of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean bacon makes anything better! I'm sure it will be AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. No way!! Never thought of this! Anything with avacado is totally worth trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it weird if I say I'm scared to combine 2 of my favorites -egg and avocado? IDK why! But it looks scary to me. I'm nervous, but I trust your judgement ;) haha! Looks good and I want to try eventually when I work up the nerves. lol.

    Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish!

    Shannon
    clothesandquotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the link up - this look AMAZING! Might have to put this in the breakfast rotation this weekend (with lots of bacon, of course)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete