4.04.2013

Acrylic Makeup Drawers

I know you've all seen them. We all want them. Acrylic makeup drawers are all the rage. But, they will kill your wallet. Why are clear drawers so expensive?? I need someone to explain this to me.


The culprit. They suck us in with their beautiful organization and the fact that you can actually see all of your products. It's a gorgeous thing. Then, you start searching them and find this on Amazon. $140...you're kidding me right? We're talking about drawers that will without a doubt get covered in makeup.

I have made it my mission to find a cheap alternative because my makeup bag will not close and I need some help. I have found a few here and there but they seem really small. I need large drawers because I have some bulky items. Oh and I have to put all of my brushes away because my cat is a hoarder and I don't need my $30 brush disappearing only to be found a week later under the couch covered in god knows what. No thanks. All products/brushes must be sealed and out of Braxton's reach. (Side note: I watched that little bugger reach into my purse, pull out a piece of paper with his teeth and run off with it. This is what I'm dealing with.)

Yesterday, I was browsing stalking Instagram and came across this picture from Emily Maynard. 


She did this post on her blog about makeup organization. I kind of freaked out...while at work. Immediately, I got on The Container Store website to check out her solution. Girl doesn't want to spend hundreds on drawers either and I have nothing but respect for that. 


She uses shoe organizers from The Container Store. FREAKING GENIUS. I would like it to be known that I told Jenn during our shopping extravaganza that I wanted to check out The Container Store for this exact reason. But, we were exhausted and my brain/OCD tendencies could not handle all of that organization after such a long day. Now I'm kicking myself. The larger drawers are $12.99 and the smaller ones are $7.99. Oh and you can buy dividers for the larger boxes. Love it. The shipping is a little high. So, I'm thinking when we plan our Ikea trip we will be heading a little further south so I can pick up a few of these!

What are your thoughts, Ladies? Have you found a cheap alternative to the acrylic drawers or did you bite the bullet and buy some? I have to admit in the midst of my frustration I almost ordered some. Almost. But, I came to my senses. I'm on a budget now! No splurging on makeup drawers.


Don't forget to check out my giveaway! You can put the products in your new makeup drawers! :)

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You know I am in the same boat as you! If only we were rich :) I am waiting for you to go to Ikea, because a) I love Ikea and b) I can't wait to see what you get...but now c) because you will get these drawers and show me exactly what I need to go/get!

    ReplyDelete