3.20.2013

Clarisonic Mia

I was going to tell you about my recent J Crew purchases but I realized I have not reviewed my Clarisonic Mia that I mentioned here.


I have been using this little beauty for several weeks. I knew I was a fan pretty early on but I wanted to use it for a few weeks before reviewing. You don't realize how much you love this thing until you forget to charge it and it's dead when you try to use it. This happened to me last night. DEVASTATION. I had intended to charge it while I was at work. Oops!

Initially, I felt that I had more very small minor breakouts when using the Mia. Honestly, I have a feeling it was just pulling all of that crap to the surface because I have seen a change in the past week or so. I still have a couple minor blemishes but nothing that isn't manageable. My skin glows after using the Mia...I mean my nose is shining! I don't think I have ever experienced a clean like this gives me. I'm so happy I finally took the plunge and purchased this.

I'm still using the bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser. The bottle is pretty large. I use it twice a day and I have barely put a dent in it. I like it but I think I might try something different next time. The lovely girl at Sephora also suggested the Ole Henriksen On The Go cleanser. I think I might give it a shot. Really, any gel or foaming cleanser will work.

I went back and forth about the Mia verses Mia 2. After using it, I don't think I would have utilized a second speed. So, I'm glad I didn't spend the extra money. The timer on the Mia is 1 minute. The breakdown is 20 seconds on your forehead, 20 seconds on your nose/chin and 10 seconds for each cheek. It took me a few times to get the timing down so I had to start it up again, but I have a rhythm with it now. The brush head should be replaced every 3 months. I recently found a double pack of replacement heads on Amazon for $32 (one head is typically $25). I recommend reading the reviews on the items though. I saw one that received poor reviews because they weren't authentic Clarisonic brush heads. I think the 3 for $25 price was a clear indicator that it couldn't be legit. Do you research ladies!!

If you are on the fence about purchasing a Clarisonic Mia, do it. You won't regret it. I promise! For any of the guys out there, if you want to buy a nice gift for your lady...  I'm just saying, I would be over the moon if I got one of these as a gift!!

The opinions in this review are all mine. I was not compensated for this review, I just really LOVE the product!

Have a great Wednesday Ladies!!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I am addicted to my clarasonic too! They are so worth the money. I use it with my cetaphil daily and it works wonders on my skin!

    ReplyDelete