3.11.2013

Back In Business

I finally took care of the computer situation this weekend. Working on a computer that isn't on its death bed is a pretty nice thing! My old laptop was about 6 years old and the fan ran constantly. I had been saving my Christmas gift cards and some cash for this very purchase. After much debate I decided on an Asus. I didn't find it necessary to spend a lot of money on a computer. As much as I wanted a MacBook, I couldn't rationalize spending that much money. I have some other large purchases in mind (for starters...a DSLR camera).

This is the one I purchased.


It kind of has the look of MacBook...right? It has Windows 8 on it (which I'm not sure about yet...but I'm adjusting to it) and it's a touch screen. I read a lot about Windows 8, it's meant to be used with a touch screen and there were a lot of complaints about the software when there wasn't a touch screen feature. I can tell you, I would be really annoyed if I didn't have the touch screen but I'm doing ok with it so far.

It's very light weight and compact. All things I was looking for. The girl at Best Buy was really helpful. The price on the website is higher than I actually paid. It was only $399 in the store. Even better!! I spent Saturday night setting up my virus protection and downloading the "apps" I wanted for my home screen. I still need to set up my iTunes and Picasa. I hope to have real photos here tomorrow. I got tired of setting things up and just wanted to play! I read so many blogs on Sunday.

I also hit the yoga mat for the first time in 3 years on Sunday. It was LOVELY and UGLY. Ha! I definitely struggled but I managed and I think I have the yoga bug again.


I need a new yoga mat...so I'm taking suggestions! I hope to check out Lululemon's when I go shopping next. But, if any of you are yogis I would love to know what kind of mat you use!

Oh and I needed to do yoga after doing this on Friday....


Gigi's Cupcakes. Oh my...the Mochachino was insanely delicious. I'm also a fan of the Chocolate Salted Caramel. I didn't eat all four of them....I shared. It's the best way to do it. Take bites of EVERYTHING!

I hope you all had a great weekend! I will probably be struggling all day today due to "springing forward" yesterday. Thankfully, I have a variety of new coffee flavors to get me through it!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. New computers are great! I had to get one recently after my cat stepped on the laptop and cracked the screen. Ohhh, the joys of pets.

    http://heidiswanderings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new design..it looks fresh and springy!!! Congrats on the new computer :)

    ReplyDelete