1.03.2013

Resolutions

New Years Resolutions...what are your thoughts? I rarely stick to them. I'm kind of awful at it. But, I also don't normally write them down or have daily reminders of them. This will change this year. I'm going to post them at work and in my bedroom so I can make it happen.

My first resolution (I got the idea from Pinterest), I am going to put a dollar in a jar after every workout I do this year. One, it will hold me accountable. Two, at the end of the year I can buy myself something that I have been lusting after. Right now, that something is the Marc Jacobs "Classic Q Hillier" Hobo. Obviously, it's more than the possible $364 (I missed New Years Day - my gym was closed and I couldn't walk due to CrossFit.) I will save over the next year. But, I will have Christmas money so I can put that towards the rest. This gift could change over the course of the year but I think having something to look forward to will also keep me motivated.

The next two are on my 30 by 30 List:
-Read 5 of the 100 books on the top 100 novels everyone should read list.
-Watch 5 of the 100 movies on the 100 movies you should see before you die list.

Obviously, I turn 30 this year so ALL of the things on the list should at least be attempted but I'm trying to be realistic. Some of them may carry over to a 30 while 30 list!

I would also like to do at least 1 random act of kindness for a stranger each month. It doesn't have to be huge. Just something that will make someone smile or help them in some way. I felt great after donating to the Sandy relief fund. I heard on the radio that the Conn. PTA was collecting snowflakes for Sandy Hook so they could decorate the new building with them when the students returned. So, I made all of my co-workers help me make paper snowflakes during our holiday carry-in. We had so much fun and everyone was so glad we did it. I think we should do more things like that!

I'm confident 2013 will be the best year yet. I'm turning 30. It's a big deal! I'm determined to be in the best shape of my life. Which hopefully will cross off the 1/2 marathon on my 30 by 30 list.

Do you make resolutions? Or just long term/short term goals to work towards? I think goal setting is great. If you made any resolutions or set any goals, feel free to share them!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment