1.08.2013

Make-up Update

I feel like we haven't talked make-up in a while. Over the holidays, I bought a new foundation and I really like it so far.


I have been dying to try this foundation for quite some time. I still had my Diorskin Nude foundation and I wasn't going to try anything until it was finished. At $50 a pop, I'm going to use it all! Benefit's Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow liquid foundation is very light. It goes on super smooth and blends wonderfully. I actually purchased it at Macy's instead of Sephora which breaks my heart slightly. I mean I could have gotten some serious points for this stuff! But, Jenn and I were at Macy's so I had the girl color match me. My color is "I'm So Money Honey" and it is a perfect match. I have been using this for a couple of weeks and I'm definitely a fan. I still love my Dior (which is a heavier coverage). When I was breaking out constantly I needed something heavier but now that my skin is cooperating I don't need a ton of foundation. This makes me incredibly happy!


Nars is one of my favorite brands. I think I hit up the Benefit section and then go straight to Nars every time I walk in Sephora. I wanted a new highlighter. I have been using High Beam for quite a while but I wanted a powder as opposed to the liquid. High Beam has a pink tint to it and I wanted something more neutral. I read Katie's post about Nars Albatross and knew that's what I needed to try. I have had this for several weeks and I really like it! It took me a minute to figure out how much I wanted to apply. Also, I was using a fan brush at first but it wasn't cutting it so I switch to my blush brush and now I feel like I have more control. The photo doesn't do it justice because there is a lot of shimmer in there. I recommend looking at Katie's post, she sampled it on her hand so you have a better idea of what you would be working with! My camera is dead so I didn't have a chance to take good quality photos of it.

I'm certain that I have purchased more make-up since our last round up so I need to go back and review! Have any of you added any great new products to make-up bag lately? I'd love to hear about them!

XOXO



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback on that foundation! I have been wanting to try it and I think I just might purchase it now :)

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete