10.30.2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies

I did some baking this weekend and boy was it delicious! I pinned these delicious cookies last week and knew I had to make them right away.


Here is the recipe. I made a few modifications. I didn't have any dark brown sugar but I did have quite a bit of regular brown sugar. I had no desire to go to the grocery store for one item so regular brown sugar it is! She discusses using a flat bottom glass covered in the sugar mixture to flatten the cookies. I'm lazy so I didn't do that. I rolled them into a ball, rolled them in the sugar mixture and flattened them in my hands. Before I put them in the oven, I sprinkled the cookies with more of the sugar mixture.


The original version might look prettier but that's fine! This made a lot of cookies. As you can see they vary in size. That wasn't intentional. I was trying to hurry because I was baking during the OSU game and I had to have my back to the tv. You know this doesn't work well for me!

I used my Pampered Chef Small Scoop to dish out the dough. The recipe also states that you should refrigerate the dough for 1 hour. I didn't have the patience for that. So, I left the dough in my KitchenAid metal mixing bowl and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes. It seemed to work well. Then, I put it in the refrigerator between batches to keep it firm. The KitchenAid never fails me! The bowl definitely kept things cold.

Overall, the cookies were a hit. My mom wanted me to put icing on them. I think they're fine without it!

Have a great Tuesday! I had to be at work at 7:30 am today. I will almost certainly be falling asleep later.

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Umm, I can vouch for the deliciousness of these cookies. I ate five of them in about 30 minutes. YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm this looks really tasty!

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete