9.27.2012

Wedding Day Make-Up/Hair

I was incredibly happy with my wedding day make-up. I kept it very natural and just enhanced what I normally do (i.e. a little more eyeliner, etc.). I sent the one and only Pink Lou Lou an email about mascara. I needed something that wouldn't run down my face because I knew there would be tears. Girl hooked me up! Here's the breakdown ladies!

*All photos link back to the site. 


I stuck with old faithful when it came to my foundation. I have been using this for a while and it doesn't disappoint. I don't typically wear foundation in the summer but I wanted an even look for the photos.  I use #30...in case you were wondering!


I rationalized buying this $50 palette because it could be used by everyone on the big day. Sister and I both used it so money well spent. I did my lid in Suspect and my corner/crease in Tease. I might have used a little Busted too. I can't remember! 


I used both Romantic Rose and 


Pink Flush on my cheeks. I like to use Romantic Rose first and then dust over it with Pink Flush so it isn't too much. Pink Flush reminds me a lot of NARS Orgasm. 


This is where PLL hooked me up! She swears by this and now I do too. You coat your lashes in the white mascara first and then the black. I did some trial runs before the big day and found that I needed to do the white and immediately add my black because if the white sat too long it would get clumpy and I HATE clumpy eyelashes. So, I did one eye at a time and it worked great! When you wash your face this comes off like little tubes. No Running. Any event that might involve tears or sweating will now require this mascara! I'm obsessed! 


My lip stain was Stila Yumberry Crush. It is the perfect pink. My sister and several of the BM's used it as well. 


I topped the stain with my fave Glamour Gloss - Barely Legal. It was a great combo!

Also, I used the BB Cream and e.l.f. Mist and Set (here) as well as e.l.f. HD powder (here) to complete my look.

I said I would go over my hair but I realized I don't have any great pictures of it. I did a side messy bun. There was a braid coming down the side and the back was twisted a couple of different ways to get everything up. I used the bottom right picture as inspiration. It comes from PLL Simply Flawless page. She does hair and make-up ladies. If you're in the KY area...hit her up!



Lauren's sister-in-law Jes took some great pictures and posted them on her blog. If you look at anything, please look at the picture of my sister post-extensions/pre-hair being curled. YOU.WILL.DIE. We have discussed my nappy hair on more than one occasion and sister has the same issue. So, picture nappy/curly hair with long straight extensions mixed in...HILARIOUS. The before and after is quite the transformation. Nik's reaction to the photo: "This is why we didn't see each other before the ceremony." Gotta love him! 

I think that about covers it for anything wedding related. Well...until we get some pro pictures that I can share with you! I hope you're all having a great week!

XOXO


2 comments:

  1. Okay I have GOT to get that mascara!! It comes off in little tubes?! How neat is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors in the shadow palette, so pretty but not overwhelming.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete