9.24.2012

My Sister is a wife!

It's been about 3 weeks since I last checked in. It was a whirlwind couple of weeks. Lots of last minute wedding things and then a week of recovery. Lauren and Nik got married last Saturday and it could not have been a better day. I'm going to break down some of the details over the next couple of days. I meant to do this last week but I came down with one hell of an upper respiratory infection. I'm pretty sure I was running on adrenaline for so long that my body crashed when I could finally relax. I'm on the upswing but still not feeling great.

We don't have any professional pictures yet but I have been stealing everything anyone uploads on Facebook! Oh the perks of social media!

First, the rehearsal. It was windy and cold on Friday. The ceremony was outside so the rehearsal was pretty chilly. Thankfully, mother nature got this out of her system before the big day!


The cutest flower girls you will ever see! They stole the show. I can't wait for you to see them in tomorrow's post.  Isn't the view ridiculous?! We were just across the bridge from Cincinnati in Kentucky at The Drees Pavilion. The view was even better the next day.


Rehearsing. Trying to stay warm and keep the hair from blowing everywhere.


Bridesmaids and Flower Girls.


Best Man and Maid of Honor...Chase and I. My dress is from Target. Shoes: Nine West. Cardigan: J Crew.


My dad and the girls. They love him! Reagan is on the left and Tristan on the right. 


When Lauren, my cousin Tarin and I were younger, my grandma got us a pearl necklace. We had to get the pearl out of the oyster and then put it in a little heart cage pendant. My sister got the girls the same thing for their gift and they absolutely loved it. Getting the pearl out proved to be difficult and no one wanted to mess up their manicures! Lauren is wearing my necklace in the picture so they could see what they were getting.


Practicing the walk down the aisle.






The Groomsman got monogrammed glasses and their favorite alcohol. I think the guys were all quite happy with the gift!


BM's got monogrammed cosmetic bags from Marley Lilly and I got a monogrammed tote bag which was used as our emergency bag. Think Jennifer Lopez's fanny pack in The Wedding Planner in bag form. I had EVERYTHING!!

I think that's enough for today. Don't want to overload you with photos!!

Oh and I'm sure you noticed I have made a few changes to the ol' bloggy. I figured if I wasn't posting anything this weekend, it was a good time to make some changes. So, while sitting in bed on Friday and Saturday night I changed things up a bit! I hope you like it!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day for a wedding - can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete