8.09.2012

I've set a goal...

During a not exactly sober moment in Athens, I made a pact with one of my college besties to run the Cleveland Rock 'n' Roll half marathon in October 2013.


Running a half marathon is one of my bucket list items. I have always thought if I do one, I would like it to be part of the Rock 'n' Roll series because they seem like such a good time. Having a band every mile sounds amazing. I think it will definitely keep the momentum up. So, Jill and I shook on it and now it's happening!

As soon as the wedding is over and my life returns to normal. No more weekend shopping trips to find dresses for my family members. (Seriously, my grandma currently has 5 dresses...FIVE! The woman needs to make a decision it's five weeks away! My sister is grateful that she lives in another state right now.) I will have more free time to focus on my running and I can start picking up the mileage on the weekends. I know Jenn is excited for our long runs again! ;) Maybe someday I will explain all of the crazy things that happened to us during our long runs. They were always entertaining! For instance, we had a face to face encounter with a deer. No one believes us but that thing definitely started following us.

Are any of you marathon or half marathon runners? Have you done a Rock 'n' Roll series before? I would love to hear about your experience!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never even heard of the rock-n-roll half marathons. That would be a great way to do it, music is a huge help with running! If I wasn't 100% absolutely crazy terrified of attempting 13 miles...I'd consider running with you guys! Maybe my attitude will change over the next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your attitude changes, you can join. If not you can stand on the sidelines and yell for us!! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I'd love to run a half marathon someday - and the Rock-N-Roll ones just sound like the best way to do it. Can't wait to see how your training goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck achieving your goal! I hurt my knee a long time ago and can't run long distances, but I used to love it. That's so funny your grandma can't make a decision between all those dresses!

    ReplyDelete