7.12.2012

Sixteen Candles...

Well, I'm officially a 29 year old and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I haven't actually processed it yet but I'll get back to you on it.

I spoke to my parents and my brother this morning and no one wished me a Happy Birthday. As a matter of fact, it is 11 am and I have yet to hear it from my mom. I would expect my brother to forget. Last year, he texted me at nearly 10 pm (after confirming it with my sister) and wished me a happy 34th birthday. Gotta love little brothers! My dad posted on my FB wall about an hour after I talked to him. So, he's off the hook. But, the woman that gave birth to me is on my list!

I'm totally having a Sixteen Candles moment. Let's just hope Jake Ryan is waiting for me when I get home tonight.

I'll be back tomorrow with some great new purchases!

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I'm laughing at the fact that your mom still has to wish you a happy birthday ;) You can use this neglect in your favor to score an awesome birthday gift though. Happy Birthday! Please have multiple adult beverages for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has done this before. I was 12 and I spent the entire day at my brother's baseball tournament with her and she never said anything. I even made hints about the date. Nothing. My dad was at drill for the National Guard and came late. The first thing he said was Happy Birthday. Then she felt awful. So, this isn't the first time. She just texted me. I have a feeling my sister said something to her! 29 or not, I still expect a happy birthday from my family! :) Adult beverages will be consumed on Saturday for you!

      Delete
  2. Aw she'll realize!!! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! I feel the same way on my day of birth too, rightfully so :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can't wait to see all the new goodies you buy for yourself to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete