7.31.2012

Auburn = Fail

I did something. I had high hopes and honestly I still think it would look great but it MAJORLY failed. I decided to change the color of hair. Honestly, I have wanted to do this since before my surgery in March but I just got around to it. It's awful Ladies!

This is what I was going for...


Cute, right?! I have natural red tones in my hair so this isn't a crazy thing for me to do. I tend to just keep my hair dark though. I mean it's pretty much black after I color it. So, we do the color and all is great. I'm terrified because it's intense but I'm sure it will be fine. My mom rinses it out for me and washes it then says..."your scalp is a little stained you need to scrub that a little more when you get in the shower." Ok, no big deal right?! Hair color stains me. I have to put vaseline around my hair line because I'll end up with black smudges for days. My coarse nappy hair doesn't like to get rid of the color so I have to wash it twice to get it all out. Once in the sink with my mom's help then again in the shower.

I take the towel off my head to find this...


That's orange folks. Oh and my hair looks brown...WTF!?!?!? I try not to panic. So, it gets washed and conditioned 2 more times in the shower. I'm exhausted from scrubbing it at this point. I blow it dry and it's still brown. 


Now I'm pissed. I mean I'm legitimately mad. I could maybe maybe handle the stained scalp if my hair was the color it was supposed to be. 


This happened on Sunday night. So, I went to work like this yesterday. My hair is in a ponytail with a thick headband around my hairline. I look like a clown. I'm hoping to color it back tomorrow. If I try to color it when my hair hasn't been flat ironed it gets unbearable. Seriously, so hard to manage. I did it once and I will never do it again. I was ready to cut my hair off because there so many knots. It's not normal. Looks like I'm flat ironing my hair tomorrow morning so I can color it back tomorrow night.

Lesson learned. If I want to change the color of my hair I will have to go to the salon. This is not a good look! I think my hair was just too dark and I would have to strip it before changing the color. Thankfully, I have plenty of time to fix this before the wedding! I'm just mad that I wasted all of that time and energy for no reason. There are little glimpses of red in my hair when the light hits it just right. But, not enough to justify leaving my head like this!

XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Well you had to try to learn the lesson! At least it was brown and not some weird unnatural color!

    ReplyDelete