6.11.2012

I survived!!

The 5k was great. I'm definitely not up to running the entire thing yet but I think I ran quite a bit of it. I had planned to be between 35 and 40 minutes. my final time was 36:27. I'm happy with that! I ran the entire first 1/2 mile. Then, I started using my couch to 5k program as a guide. I should have been running 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds. I think I only walked 90 seconds one time and that's because I got really hot. I'm proud that I pushed myself a little bit. There was a woman behind me that I was determined to beat. I'm sorry if you're barely sweating, you're not beating me. Maybe it's because I sweat like no one I know and it's disgusting. My hair was wet. Eww.

Getting ready to start...


Jenn got 2nd Overall Female and Jake got 3rd Overall Male. 


Besties! I meant to get a picture of our matching running shoes because we're dorks like that but I took mine off before we had the chance. My feet were just too hot! 


Breakfast afterwards was amazing! We were all starving. My left calf was really sore/tight yesterday. I did a lot of stretching and it's feeling better today. Just not great yet. So, tonight's run could be interesting!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I also got to spend a little time in the sun yesterday and my mom and I gave Coopie a bath. He smells so fresh and clean now. I keep telling him how handsome he looks!

XOXO


3 comments: