6.20.2012

The Hunger Games

I know I know...I've been living under a rock. How is it possible that I just finished this amazing trilogy of books?! I fought this for quite a while. To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy them. I know everyone was raving about them but the premise was just too much for me. I couldn't fathom reading a book about kids killing kids. I went to TN Memorial Day Weekend and my sister gave me the first book. I managed to forget my Kindle and had no magazines to read so I was desperate.



I didn't really get into the book until a few days later when I was proctoring. Then, I managed to read the entire first book in 2 days. I was hooked and there was no going back. My cousin was going to lend me her copies of the books but I couldn't wait so I purchased Catching Fire and Mockingjay on my Kindle. I made myself wait until I proctored on Friday to start the second book. I finished it Saturday morning. How can a book be this good?! It's rare that I'm totally enthralled in a book and I can't manage to put it down.

During my conference, I had a few hours of downtime. Some people went whale watching or tried to take in the city a bit. Me...I curled up in my bed and finished Mockingjay. I couldn't help it. I needed to know what happened, now I'm desperately wanting more. I kind of feel like I did when I finished the series Lost. I feel a void in my life!

Now, I'm anxiously waiting for the movie to come out on DVD so I can watch it. I've never been that person that becomes obsessed with a book series but I think this one changed that for me. I have never read Twilight or Harry Potter. I know! Don't give me a grief about it. I just don't care to have something take over my life. That is why I put this off for so long. I might have to be one of the crazy people that lines up when Catching Fire comes out so I can be one of the first people to see it. What has happened to me?!

Have you read The Hunger Games? If not, why haven't you?

A fellow coordinator and I had to discuss the book in detail. We convinced another coordinator to download it on her iPad. She was taking the red-eye home and we told her if she started it should wouldn't sleep. Well I spoke with her yesterday and she is already on book 2. She no longer judges me for skipping the whale watching to read! Happy Wednesday Ladies!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. The second book was my favorite - loved them all though! The movie was pretty good however, the books are always better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love Katniss! I love your blog! I am now following you sweetie! Please visit my blog and follow me back? ♥ Thank you!

    http://blowarainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete