6.14.2012

30 by 30 Update

With my 29th birthday a month away, I figured it was time to update you on my 30 by 30 progress. Honestly, I haven't been very focused on it so I need to get busy!!

1. Watch the entire series of Lost. (I've never seen a single episode. I know I know. I felt that I couldn't start in the middle so I always said I would watch them. Now's the time!)
2. Print/organize my photos
3. Run a 5K using the Couch to 5K program (working on it. I didn't run the entire thing last weekend.)
4. Finish a 1/2 marathon
5. Plan a great 30th birthday trip with my girlfriends. (In the works!)
6. Move (this is open-ended...not sure where I'll go.) (This might change because it's contingent on #9)
7. Master my sugar cookies/royal icing
8. Do more yoga (Considering I have sore/tight muscles due to my running, I need to get busy on this one.)
9. Pay off student loans (This might not happen...)
10. Visit NYC (I haven't been back since I lived there)
11. Take a road trip with friends (I'm hoping Ren and I can cross this off with some kind of trip we want to take.)
12. Go vegetarian for 1 month (Considering doing this full time. I felt so much better when I wasn't eating meat.)
13. Spice up my blog
14. Do more projects (DIY, etc.) (I've done a few!)
15. Go golfing (at least to the driving range. I've never been)
16. Get a picture on the Brooklyn Bridge
17. Get a picture of the southern point of the US while in Key West
18. Organize recipe binders (I have some new items to add...I print too many recipes.)
19. Read at least 5 books from the top 100 novels everyone should read list
20. Watch 5 of the top 100 movies to see before you die list
21. Find out my blood type
22. Complete a crossword - unassisted. (I need to work on this one!)
23. Buy myself a piece of jewelry I've always wanted
24. Get a facial
25. Eat at The Melting Pot (I've wanted to do this for a very long time) (Maybe for my birthday this year.)
26. Get rid of my clutter
27. Donate clothes to Goodwill, etc. (At least once a year) (Did this once already...I'm about to clean my closet again!)
28. Learn to sew. (Make a dress or skirt.)
29. Start a jewelry side project - make an Etsy shop (Planning to open the shop after my sister's wedding when there is more free time.)
30. Renew my passport (I printed the paperwork. It's s step in the right direction!)

Ok, so I have 5/30 completed but I think a few of them will be coming soon! Do any of you have a 30 by 30 list or something similar? I'm going to make a 30 by 30 tab in my header to keep me more accountable. I hope you all are having a great week. I have been up since 3:30 am to get to my flight in time. I'm either flying or currently here until Saturday afternoon.


Not bad...huh?! Gotta love when the department pays for your trip to some place this beautiful!

XOXO



2 comments:

  1. i love your list! Finishing a crossword is on mine too! I don't know if it will happen though. The Melting Pot is my favorite restaurant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - I love the Melting Pot! I can't believe you are inching towards 30 - you look so young! (And I mean that in a totally nice way because I look really young too...) I just turned 27 so working on a 30 before 30 list might need to be on my horizon (especially if I want to include a few big items that require more planning). Thanks for sharing - I like lots of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete