5.31.2012

I'm trying.

This running thing is tough. I didn't get to run at all this weekend. When I woke up at 8 am and it was already 80 degrees and humid, I knew I was going to skip it. That's straight miserable. Speaking of miserable that's basically how I would describe Tuesday's workout. I was nearly in tears. For some reason I had intense pains in my shins. I am using the Couch to 5K program to get back into my running groove. So, I started week one again this week since I missed so many days. That means 90 seconds of walking and 60 seconds of jogging. This alternates for 20 minutes. I continued to do the program for about 15 minutes but it got to the point that I didn't know how I was going to get back to my car. So I headed back and called it a day. It was a crappy workout. I didn't feel like I got anything out of it and I'm not even remotely sore today. So frustrating.

I iced my shins when I got home last night and they started to feel much better. I could barely drive after my workout. It was such a strange experience. My only idea as to why I would have that pain would be the fact that wore flip flops all weekend and my shins probably felt the effects of it. I'm talking Old Navy or hard soled flip flops. Not the best things for your feet!

The only upside to the workout was my new Couch to 5K app. It tells you when to walk/run. A.Maz.Ing. Seriously, no more checking my watch constantly. It was great. The app was on sale last weekend for Memorial Day and I only paid $.99. I'm not sure what the regular price is but it's worth checking out if you're interested in a great running app for beginners.


Apparently, I'm the worst iPhone user of all time because I did not have The Weather Channel app. My sister found this to be the absurd thing she has ever heard. The fact that I would use the iPhone weather app to check the temperature was truly preposterous! In my defense, I have the news on every morning so I can hear the weather and traffic. It's rare that I need to check the weather for any other reason. But, I downloaded the app so I'm no longer living in the weather app stone age! 


Do any of you just use the iPhone weather app? Or am I seriously the only person on the planet that used it? Please tell me if there are any other life altering apps out there that I need. I really don't like being so behind!

Ladies, I may or may not be in tomorrow. Saturday is the BRIDAL SHOWER...finally. I'm stressed to the max. I have 4 different lists going right now. I'll probably be barely holding it together. I plan to post pictures of my sister's gifts (from me) and the shower in general on Monday! According to The Weather Channel App it is supposed to be 69 degrees with 30% chance of rain. If we could all pray to the rain gods that it holds off until at least 5 pm, that would be great!

XOXO

P.S. This is my 300th post...that's just plain crazy!


4 comments:

  1. I don't have the weather channel app downloaded either! I'll have to do that today :) I'd love for you to check out my post today on maxi dresses and join in sometime on my Summer Fashion Link Up!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on 300 posts! What an accomplishment. I've done the C2K5 program once and my husband is wanting to start again this summer. I might have to check out that app. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing C25K at the moment. I have it tacked up on every single mirror in my house - I run but only a couple of miles every couple of weeks. I definitely feel your pain...I have no motivation whatsoever! Good luck this time round and hope your shins are better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're loving the C25K app! I knew you would!

    If I can do anything for Saturday please let me know, I want to help!

    ReplyDelete