5.18.2012

Friday Favorites!

Well, I got my new shoes last night. I was prepared to be there for an hour trying on 5 different shoes because I couldn't decide on anything. That is not how this trip went! It was so painless, I can't even explain to you. Jenn and I went to Runner's Plus in Dayton. The guy that helped us was so knowledgeable and helpful. Turns out that I have been buying the right shoes! YAY! I have been wearing Brooks Ghosts for a few years and I really like them. I just wanted to make sure I was buying what I needed. Without further ado, I give you my new Brooks Ghost 4...


The pink is a little brighter but it didn't photograph well so I just spiced it up with Instagram anyway.They were 20% off so that made my decision pretty easy. I tried on one pair of shoes and bought them. No question.


These are the Ghost 5's. I really really really loved the colors. But, there were going to be about $30 more. Is it really necessary to spend that much more on a pair of shoes for the colors? I decided it wasn't. However, when the next series comes out I might need to get these!

Jenn had been wearing the Adrenaline's and found out that they were the wrong shoes. She has been experiencing some pain and could tell her stride wasn't right. Thankfully, our awesome guy at Runner's Plus figured out it was the shoes and not something serious so she ended up with the same shoes as me! She used to wear Ghosts too so when he told her that's what she should be wearing, we just laughed because of course we would end up with matching shoes!

If you live in the Dayton area I highly recommend you go to Runners Plus. Seriously, you could spend hours looking at all of the great workout gear, shoes, watches, sunglasses, etc. We were only there for maybe 30 minutes and we both got shoes. Such a great experience and I'm glad that I know I'm doing what I should be doing.

To the runners out there, what brand(s) do you typically wear? My brother got his first pair of Brooks a couple of weeks ago. He was a basketball player in high school and he's always been a Nike guy because of that. This was his first pair of legitimate running shoes. He usually buys some kind of cross trainer since he works in a gym. He was excited to show me what he got! We've converted him!

Have a great weekend Ladies! I have a to do list a mile long. The shower is 2 weeks away and I'm heading to Tennessee with my sister's future sister-in-law Jes next weekend for Memorial Day. So, I have to get a lot done this weekend. I'm so looking forward to going to Nashville though!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Yay you got them! I think you made a great choice! $30 for a different price is a lot!

    ReplyDelete