5.07.2012

DIY Bridal Shower Decorations

Yesterday I completed a few DIY projects. It was actually quite simple and I feel like I have the DIY bug now. I want to do so many other things!



I started with my $.79 Ikea vases and this spray paint. I searched making your own milk glass vases and some of the sites I found used matte spray paint but I thought I wanted a little shine so I chose the semi-gloss. This seriously went on without an issue. So incredibly easy!

BEFORE:


AFTER: 


Next, I decided to spray paint the $.99 galvanized pots I got at Ikea. I just wanted to take the shine off. I had intended to white wash them but I figured why not just try the spray paint. I covered them in a light dusting of paint. It was the perfect amount. The left one is the before and the right is the after. Not a huge difference. Just enough!


A close up of the finished product. 


I bought this plastic cup at Hobby Lobby over the weekend. I didn't know how the plastic would do but it worked pretty well. I used the white puff paint on this as well.

BEFORE:


AFTER:

 
The glass vase I had shown you previously...

BEFORE:


AFTER:


If I do anymore of these vases, I would use a glue or something that dries clear for the dots. Because of the white color of the dots, I had to do several coats to get them covered. That is really the only snag I encountered! I'm really proud of my finished products. So, if any of you want to make your own milk glass vases, it's really easy!!

I hope you all had a great weekend! Let's get this week started. I have so much going on in the next couple of weeks. I'm excited for the shower but I'm also ready for it to be over so I have a little extra free time and money!

XOXO

12 comments:

  1. I love all of these! I am sooo not a DIYer. I think it is just laziness =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have every intention to complete a project and then it sits there. The time crunch and the intense desire to not spend a ton of money made me do it!

      Delete
  2. Wow, very nice DIY, in love with the final result!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $100 gift voucher on Urban Outfitters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fabrizia! I'm a follower.

      Delete
  3. wow, I love the finished products... a nice white palette is a great way to decorate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I'm really happy with the finished product.

      Delete
  4. Hey Lindsey! Cute post! Want to follow each other?! Let me know what you think!

    Katie
    Belle De Jour

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last one! I did a spray paint project this weekend (it won't be up on the blog for a long time because it isn't finished) but I did another 'painting' project that I will post tomorrow.

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I love your 'painting' project!

      Delete