5.22.2012

Bachelorette and a new mani

So I gave myself a new mani last night while watching The Bachelorette. Multitasking folks! I recently purchased two new Essie colors.


I have been eying the Turquoise and Caicos for a while. I finally bought it the other day with a CVS coupon. I think it looks more green in this picture. For some reason the first coat went on really light. I was a little disappointed. The second coat was much better. Then, disaster struck. My OPI Rapid Dry (quite possibly the best top coat EVER) is at the end of it's life. If any of you use this product you know that it's great until it gets too low then it turns to a stringy clumpy mess. The result is little air bubbles all over my nails. Enter my next purchase!


Essie Luxeffects Pure Pearlfection. This goes on smooth unlike some glitters. It just has a nice shimmer effect. I'm thinking it will distract me from the air bubbles in my polish for the next couple of days until I take it all off.

Who watched The Bachelorette last night? I have a few favorites. Ryan (despite the fact that he looks like he is wearing a bump it in his hair), Chris and Doug. I'm kind of excited to see Alessandro get his handed to him next week. (At least that's who I think it is!) Kalon annoys me, especially his teeth and smile. I'm not sure why. I don't know a lot of the guy's names yet. I need to get on that. I was going to break down my favorite outfits. However, I liked almost everything Emily wore. I recommend checking out Possessionista if you're interested in where to buy anything!

Who are your favorite guys so far this season? Any new nail colors that I need to know about it?

XOXO



9 comments:

  1. LOVE that blue! I need to get caught up on my Bachelorette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure next week is going to be awesome!

      Delete
  2. oooh i love these colors! I"m kind of obsessed with blues also... loving the color "slapper" by Butter London. Check out my blog at www.fashionmavenmommy.com. Maybe we can follow each other! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, I definitely need to check out that Butter London color! Checking out your blog now! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting! Following you back :)

    Www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love those two polishes you recently got. I'm loving the new bachelorette! She is so gorgeous, if only I could look like her. :) Mani's and the bachelorette sounds like a fabulous Monday night! :)

    I would love for you to stop by and check out my latest blog post!
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I want to raid Emily's closet. She is the cutest thing!

      Delete
  5. i have the turquoise on now & love it! it does go on really light with the first coat. the 2nd coat is a much better look...i feel like that's the case for most of essie's polishes. happy thursday!
    xoxo
    ali
    www.derrickandali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Ali, Essie's polish tends to go on a little weird. However, there are some great colors!!

      Delete