4.16.2012

Neon and Shopping for Others

My weekend involved a lot of shopping. But, none of which was for me. My mom and I set out Friday after work to check off a few of the stores we needed to hit on our list. However, all of which were a total bust. Hobby Lobby was having a sale on the departments that we needed for the Bridal Shower/Wedding. However, they had NOTHING. Seriously! It was all hideous. I would rather DIY everything. My cousin's twin girls are going to be the flower girls. We're not trying to spend a fortune on their dresses because that's just insane. They want to be princesses like Sophia Grace and Rosie so we're in the market for some fluffy dresses with a little sparkle. With Easter just ending we thought we might get lucky and find some dresses on sale. No luck on Friday but Saturday we hit the mother load at JcPenney and with their new everyday low price thing, they were CHEAP. We think we have it narrowed down. I cannot wait to show you pictures of them!

It was definitely Friday the 13th. We felt like we were in the twilight zone everywhere we went. Walmart had moved half of their stuff and the majority of the shelves only had the Great Value brand on them. I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. There was no Diet Coke. We finally found a few 1.25 liter bottles. What is that??

Saturday, we drove thru/ran thru monsoon style rains. It was a treat! But, I think I have all of the essentials for the shower or at least know where to get the things I need. Making progress folks! This weekend is Ikea! I plan to check out these little guys....




I can't wait to get the fun stuff for the shower! Table cloths, plates, bowls, etc aren't that exciting!

Finally, I haven't done my nails in so long. So, here is my first neon manicure of the season. It's by China Glaze and I posted about it here. I had every intention to check out the at home gel manicure materials at Ulta but with the rain and my patience dwindling, I didn't want to go to another store. I'll keep you posted! 


This is going to be a crazy busy week but I like it that way. Tuesday and Friday are exam days which means I get to spend some quality time with my Kindle! Happy Monday Ladies!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that neon polish!! Will have to check it out next time I'm at Ulta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polish. Great color.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete