4.12.2012

Gel Manicure

I have yet to get a gel manicure. But, I know a lot of people that have. I like to change my nail polish often so I've wondered if I would get sick of having the same color for an extended period of time. I saw this on Pinterest yesterday.


An at home gel manicure! The photo links back to the site. She says that you put a thin layer of the 5 minute gel polish on then a coat of the Essie 3-way glaze then your polish color followed by another coat of the 3-way glaze. It still takes quite a bit to get the gel off but I'm tempted to try it.

Have any of you attempted an at home gel manicure? I'm really intrigued. I read through some of the comments on Kate's blog and you can find the 5 Minute Gel Polish at Ulta. (The gel polish actually part of a gel manicure set but Kate was not impressed with their process so she tried her own variation of it.) Ulta also carries Essie products so I'm sure you can find the 3-way glaze there as well. My mom and I are doing some Bridal Shower shopping this weekend. I think I might need to make a pit stop to pick up the supplies. One of Kate's initial concerns was that the gel wouldn't come off very easily. But, if you use acetone remover and let your nails soak for a bit, you shouldn't have a problem.

If any of you try this, I would love to hear how it turns out! I'll be sure to share when I attempt it. Happy Thursday Dolls!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! ;)
    I got a gel manicure this summer. I liked it as far as how long it lasted, but it is a pain to get off. Even after soaking, it was a process. I know how particular you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never attempted this, but I'm super interested. Adore this post, love. Thanks for sharing & for your sweet comment. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this, but what a great idea!

    Dana
    http://bigcity-farmgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete