1.19.2012

The Battle for Clearer Skin...Part 2

I blogged about my battle for clearer skin here. This was all the way back in May. Nearly a year ago. Just a recap. My battle with breakouts started about a year ago. I have always been blessed with good skin. An occasional breakout but nothing major. Well, over night I started having the most painful breakouts. I don't think it's acne because this stuff is not normal! I'm pretty sure it's hormone related. I've tried my fair share of face washes, acne treatments, you name it. I've tried drug store brands and expensive brands from Sephora. Nothing seems to control it. I had one more product I wanted to try before I broke down and made an appointment with a dermatologist.


Cetaphil is dermatologist recommended. I tend to run on the oily side so I picked up that option at Walmart. The photo is linked to an article in Elle magazine that named this face wash one of the 25 best beauty products since 1985. I think that's a pretty good award. Don't you??

Well, I've been using this for about 3 weeks and I have to say that my skin looks better than it has in months. I honestly don't know the last time I went this long without a breakout. I still have some of the old ones "healing". Basically, I get a new "zit" (I use that term loosely...it's pretty much just a huge red bump that hurts like hell and cannot be popped.) and put my Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight and Fade acne treatment all over it, twice a day. Eventually it goes down but leaves a mark for about 3 months. It's horrible. I have little scars everywhere! Thankfully, they are going away. It just takes a really long time. This face wash has been a miracle for me. I can get over the fact that it smells like cough syrup.

Have any of you had similar luck with this product? I would highly recommend trying it out. It doesn't leave my skin dry or over cleansed which I love. I've actually went without my rapid clear for several days. I probably need to apply it to a couple of spots in an attempt to get them to fade before the wedding next month. But, really I feel so much better about my situation right now.

The sun helps my skin as well. So, hopefully I can come back from Key West with clear skin and nice little glow!! The weekend is almost here ladies...hang in there!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I used Cetaphil for years and loved it because it was inexpensive and it worked wonderfully! I stopped after the whole Paraben news came out, though, because at that time it wasn't paraben free :( Maybe its changed since then?? I haven't checked recently. If so, I would totally go back to it!

    Thanks for the review!!

    xo
    Kat
    www.maryanddyer.com
    www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete