11.29.2011

Thanksgiving Re-Cap Part 2

On to the food....


My homemade mac and cheese. I have to admit, I kind of wing this recipe. It's never exactly the same but it's always delicious. Here is the gist.

12-16 oz of pasta (whatever you have on hand or are in the mood for...we had elbow)
1 cup milk
2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
A mixture of 4 cups of cheese. I used 2 cups cheddar and 2 cups of a colby jack mix. Plus, a few generous shakes of parmesan cheese.
1 can Campbell's cheese soup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta a little short of Al dente. You want it to still be a little firm. While the pasta is cooking mix the milk, flour, salt, pepper, cheese soup and half of all cheeses in a medium bowl. Butter a 13 x 9 dish. Mix pasta and cheese/milk mixture in the dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Finish with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and hot.


For my stuffing, I used a modified version of Julie's recipe on PB Fingers. We added a few more spices like sage and rosemary. I wish I could tell you how much but my dad and I were just shaking away. It turned out fabulously! Thanks Julie!!


My dad's glorious turkey. It was seriously so delicious. He deep fried it. The meat was so juicy and tender. YUMM! I can't believe that all of this food still sounds good even after eating it for days.


Look at our little princesses. Reagan and Tristan are seriously the cutest!


Chloe actually let them pet her. We made sure they didn't get any closer than this. Let's face it, my cat is not the nicest girl on the planet. I was impressed that there was no hissing or biting!

I'll post pics of my Black Friday purchases later. I was too tired to do it last night. In reality I shouldn't have been tired because I managed to oversleep yesterday. Yep, I woke up 20 minutes before I had to leave. I was only 30 minutes late to work. Ugh. Hey, it could have been worse!

Happy Tuesday Dolls!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment