10.17.2011

The weekends go by too quickly...

I was fairly lame this weekend. I'm the first to admit it and I embrace it! I did have an impromptu movie night with the bestie and I have to say it was fab. We watched Something Borrowed. I liked it and I want to see it again. The character of Ethan (John Krasinski) stole the show in my opinion. He was fantastic! I want him to be my friend!

I did this on Saturday.


It looks black but it is actually OPI Lincoln Park After Dark with OPI DS Radiance tips. It really wasn't that difficult. It just takes some prepping. I used scotch tape and cut it into thin pieces. I then placed it on my nails to give me the straight line for the tips. The concept is similar to painter's tape. The DS Radiance dries quickly so it didn't take long. I topped it with my OPI Rapid Dry Top Coat. (The holy grail in top coats if you ask me!) Unfortunately, I was making a lot of jewelry yesterday and it's already chipping. Bummer.

The kicker to my weekend was randomly losing power for 3 hours on Sunday. I started to panic around 5:30 because I needed to shower and I was quickly losing light. I knew there was enough water in the hot water heater to take care of the shower. So, I raced through my shower up until the point I had to shave my legs. Shaving in half darkness is not easy. I was praying I wouldn't cut myself. I managed to get thru it without any blood! I headed back to room and was planning on getting dressed and getting a bag ready in case I needed to leave. I didn't want to risk waking up to no power this morning. Of course, as soon as I get to my room the lights come back on. I risked cutting my leg up for no reason. But, at least the power was back on and I could continue my Lost marathon. (I'm halfway thru Season 6!!)

That was my weekend. It was booming with excitement! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves! It's back to the grind. But, I'm giving myself a 3 day weekend. I know, I know...you're probably jealous!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. love the nails. Lincoln Park After Dark is my all time favorite!

    ReplyDelete