9.29.2011

Time Flies

When I was younger, I remember people saying the older you get the faster time flies. I thought they were straight cray cray and that my days would always seem long and full of neighborhood hide-n-seek games and weekend camping trips that seemed to last a week because we crammed so much fun into 2 days.

Well, here I am 28 years old and wondering where the time has gone. You're probably wondering, "why is she thinking about these things? Her birthday was months ago and what else could prompt such thoughts." I'll tell you...Christmas prompted these thoughts. Particularly, Black Friday shopping because my favorite shopping day of the year is TWO MONTHS away. Let's get it out there, I'm one of those completely insane Black Friday shoppers. I feel like we were just doing this and it's fastly approaching again!

I'm going to break this down for you. I don't go to Best Buy or any other electronics store. I don't do the big superstores. I go to the Outlet Mall. Jenn, Sister, and my Mom go with me. We leave around 1 am. ....I'll let that sink in..... The mall opens at Midnight. We get there around 2 am. We are seasoned veterans at this now. The first year was a DISASTER. Trying to get there at Midnight is not a good choice. That year there were people parking their cars on the highway and they were being towed. Can you imagine?? We've learned to get there when other people are getting ready to leave for the big super stores and electronic stores.

The sales are RIDIC. So worth it! I feel like I'm stealing things. Last year I got my brother Jordan basketball shorts at Nike for $12.99. That's a stupid good deal, right?! It is seriously the most fun day! Last year was the second time Jenn joined us and we had a plan of attack, it was great. There is a Bob Evans just down the road. So we shop then we eat. Last year we got home at 9 am. After eating 2 Thanksgiving meals the day before and taking a brief nap we were up ALL NIGHT. I definitely crashed when we got home. Thankfully, we have the weekend to recover! I plan to do almost all of my shopping on that day this year. I need to start brainstorming!!

I did serious damage at J Crew and Banana Republic last year. The perk of going with my mom...I get to pick out my favorite things and she buys them for me! I was browsing the new J Crew catalog yesterday and I'm so excited to see what kind of deals I find this year!!

Here are some of the things I'm loving from J Crew!



Are any of you crazy Black Friday shoppers?? I hope so!! I can't wait to share my stories with you Ladies. Speaking of Friday...we're almost there! Have a great day Dolls!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. haha. love this. i have been a crazy black friday shopper from 6 on. lol. so much insanity but totally worth it. adore this post. I'd love if you'd check out of my latest Lauren Conrad inspired outfit post. I took the pictures in front of her old house on the Hills. So pretty.Love to hear what you think.Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete