8.03.2011

My Bobcats Are #1

That's right folks...my Bobcats are #1 and I'm not referring to sports. #1 Party School!!

Ok, some people must think, you're seriously that excited about being a party school? Clearly, those people have never been to Athens. There's not a whole lot to do in the hills of Athens. We take pride in our Court Street Shuffle. When we win the MAC in basketball, you would think we just brought home the National Championship. There's not much to get excited about. So, we party....HARD! I got a GREAT education. But, the other aspects of my college experience are the ones I cherish. I've never met an OU student that doesn't bleed Green and White. We love our Bobcats more than anything. We'll be the first to correct you when you think we're OSU or we get referred to as the Buckeyes. Come on people, they are different schools. Get a freaking clue!

When the new rankings came out my FB newsfeed blew up with pride! The year I graduated, we were named #2. It was quite the accomplishment and we all like to think we had something to do with it. Last year, they were given the runner-up title again. This time, I looked to my sister and told her she made me proud. Now, for the very first time we have taken the coveted #1 spot from that other school located in Athens (Athens, Georgia that is) University of Georgia. My sister texted me with excitement over the accomplishment. Clearly, sister and her friends put in the work to make it happen. Congrats guys!

You're probably thinking, these Bobcats are a bunch of alcoholics. Not really, we just work really hard during the week so we can party harder on the weekends. Or in my case, Tuesday nights. I wrote down a quote once and I have kept it for years. It sums up Ohio University perfectly. I honestly don't even know where I read this.

"There are around 20,000 students attending OU - well more than half of the city's population. The U.S. Census lists the Athens median age at 21.5, a national anomaly. Students outnumber actual citizens by so much that it creates interesting challenges for both city and university officials. Add to the fact that there are 19 bars within 3 blocks of the town's main drag, and an annual rite of passage night known as a 'Court Street Shuffle', in which students attempt drinking at all of them, and you have the makings of an explosive party situation."

To all of my Bobcats out there, these kids are making us proud! Continue to keep the tradition alive. In all seriousness, the administration isn't pleased. Well, they used to throw parties on South Green back in the 70's and 80's with kegs. I'm pretty sure that means you contributed to the reputation. Own it. It is what it is. We can brag about our academics too...it's just more fun to say we're the #1 party school in the nation.
In other news, who watched the Bachelorette?? I love JP. They seem legitimately happy. I hope they make it work. Congrats to the both of them!

Happy Wednesday Dolls!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love this!! Congrats on your school's award, I would be proud too! :)

    ReplyDelete