8.15.2011

The Help

Jenn and I saw The Help yesterday. I was incredibly pleased with it. They followed the book (yay!!!). I'm pretty sure I felt every emotion during those 2 1/2 hours. I cried. I laughed. I wanted to punch Hilly Holbrook in the face. If you haven't read the book but plan to see the movie, I would definitely read the book first. It was a quick read and I feel like you will go into the movie with more understanding of the characters and story.

Bryce Dallas Howard did a fantastic job playing Hilly. Props to her. And the casting of Minny Jackson was EXACTLY how I pictured it. Her attitude was awesome. I love Emma Stone and I think she did a great job portraying Skeeter and all of her awkwardness.

Jenn and I left the theater completely drained. We didn't speak the entire time. Except when I couldn't figure out who played Stuart. I knew the guys face. So, I had to IMDB him on my phone. He was in Private Practice, for any of you that were wondering!

Don't worry we did successfully smuggle Starbucks into the theater. Thank god of over sized Coach purses that are full of wallets and assorted bags for our "necessities" because they are perfect for anchoring a grande skinny caramel macchiato in your handbag! I did have a little foam spillage out of the top, thankfully there were no casualties!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment