6.30.2011

4th of July

This weekend is the 4th of July! This is one of my favorite holidays. I think it's because I know my birthday is a week away. It has nothing to do with the food, drinks, fireworks and general merriment that come along with such a FABULOUS holiday.

The gated community (I use that term VERY loosely) that I live in has a great fireworks show. I prefer to watch them from the lake but we can see most of the show from the backyard (which is where I'll probably be). After last weekend's shenanigans I doubt I can muster up the nerve to drink anything of the alcoholic nature. But, I'm sure I'll sit around eating food from the grill and various salads (potato, pasta, macaroni, lettuce)...ya know, the usual.

I'm hoping to keep this weekend low key and uneventful. I don't need anything like last year. Let's just say there was Four Loko involved and it DID NOT end well. There is a reason they banned that stuff and I FULLY support that decision. Good grief...I'm surprised we survived. 

I'm looking forward to a paid holiday on Monday. I plan to spend Sunday and Monday in a bikini, in the back yard or at a pool. This girl has yet to put on a bikini this summer. That is unheard of! Hopefully, a little fun in the sun will get me out of my funk. I think I've run myself into the ground. I've been on the go too long and it's taking a toll. So, a weekend of fun and relaxation is just what the doctor ordered.

The toughest question I will ask myself this weekend will be: black bikini, white and yellow polka dot bikini, pink and brown bikini or 80's print bikini?!

What is your favorite thing about 4th of July?? The fireworks, the food, the parties, the vacation day....
Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy it!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Clearly the answer is an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka-dot bikini that you wear for the first time that day.

    Doy...

    ReplyDelete