5.05.2011

Cinco de Mayo

So, it's Cinco de Mayo. I have no plans to drink margaritas tonight. And this is why...I AM LAME. No, really! The thought of going out on a Thursday night does not appeal to me in the slightest. College Lindsey would be appalled by that comment. Thursday was considered part of the weekend during my OU days. College Lindsey would probably verbally abuse me and then force me to do a shot or jager bomb or something that makes present day Lindsey want to throw up in her mouth.


Let's discuss. I have mud nearly up to my knees. My jeans are soaked. I'm pretty sure they stayed that way for a while. I guarantee my hair is pinned back because I spent precious time straightening it only for it to rain which means it was getting frizzy and had to be moved out of my face. I was unable to grab my umbrella. No really, I actually remember this and I was afraid I was going to fall over at any moment. Yet my phone is open so I must have been talking to someone? I am no longer this girl. If it was raining and I was forced to walk to go to a bar, it would not be happening. Because, I am almost 28 years old and all I want to do is go home and curl up in my sweatpants and watch Grey's Anatomy. That's my life. I'm not ashamed. I can have fun on the weekends.

I do have fun during the week...sometimes. I'm just so exhausted from working that I would rather get a decent nights sleep instead. I have a 50 minute commute each way, so I get home 12 hours after I get up in the morning. BLAH!! You can say what you'd like but I've already called myself Lame...I'm aware of the situation.

I do plan to get margaritas for Cinco de Mayo...it will just be a day late. I'm meeting friends after work on Friday. After the week I've had, I totally deserve a drink (or 6 - I kid, I kid). Or maybe not, I guess only time will tell!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of an entry I made about 2 years ago...I think you'll like it.

    http://5685meganlindsay.blogspot.com/2009/08/o-m-g-when-did-i-get-o-l-d.html

    ReplyDelete