5.13.2011

The battle for clearer skin

In the recent months my face has been looking like that of a 13 year old boy's. I have no idea what's happening. I haven't changed my skin care routine the only thing I can think of is my doctor's took me off of my birth control pill when I was sick. I have a feeling this is largely hormonal. But, I was getting to the point that I was nearly in tears every time I washed my face. These weren't normal breakouts. They were the tiniest of zits that hurt like a mo fo. No joke, I couldn't touch my face.

I have been trying EVERYTHING. I was ready to call a dermatologist. A lot of people told me to try Proactive. My brother used it when he was in high school and it dried his skin out. So, I was hesitant to try it or any acne wash because I really don't think it's "acne".

I started using Neutrogena Naturals line. I thought maybe the all natural route would be a good one. I picked this up and really liked it. But, it still wasn't cutting it.


After much complaining and a few tears (I'm sure my mom was so sick of hearing me whine about it), I decided to try this by Clean and Clear.


It's part of their acne line of face washes. It's definitely stronger than anything I have ever had to use. So, I followed the directions and only used it once a day and you can work up to twice a day, if needed. I've been using it at night and the Neutrogena in the morning. For the first time in MONTHS my face is clear. There are still a few spots that need to heal but I haven't had any new breakouts for about a week and a half. Which is good considering a new one was popping up every day.

When my cousin Tarin and I were 12 our grandma bought us the entire Clinique skin care line. I have had a skin care regimen since a fairly young age. My friends know that if we go somewhere and they forgot moisturizer, etc I will definitely have some with me. Even on those blurry nights in college when I stumbled home and didn't really remember getting there, I washed my face. It may not have been perfect but the make up was off.

I'm hoping this works and keeps everything in check. My moisturizers vary. I really like the Sephora line but if I don't have a chance to get there I will buy L'Oreal Revitalift or Youth Code.

Currently, I'm using this day time mositurizer


And this night cream


I'm using the Sephora eye cream that I mentioned here.

Do any of you have similar issues? What are your favorite products? I'm always willing to try something new. I got a free sample of the Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash when I was in Sephora over the weekend. I think I'm a fan but I'm afraid to change anything just yet!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment