4.05.2011

Something Borrowed.

Alright Ladies, one of my favorite books is about to be released as a movie. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I. CANNOT. WAIT. May 6th cannot come soon enough! In anticipation of the movie release I decided to read the book again. I could have sworn I had a copy of it but of course it is nowhere to be found so I purchased a new copy when I was at Walmart on Friday. (Sidenote: I really dislike buying a book after they re-release it with the movie poster cover. You might find this strange but I would have much preferred the simple pink cover with the the diamond ring. However, I settled for the re-released copy because it was $5 and I have been sick so I had the time to lay around and read. It's not just the new cover but the size of the book that poses a problem. Just know that I had an internal debate as to whether or not I wanted to purchase that particular book.) I finished the entire book in 3 days. It was a weekend well spent!! I'm considering reading Something Blue (the follow up to Something Borrowed) because I actually have that book and I wonder if any of that info will get incorporated into the movie.

The original cover.


The movie poster / re-released book cover


For those of you that have read the book, did you picture Kate Hudson as Darcy?? I definitely did not. For one, she is described as having dark hair. I think they nailed the rest of the cast though. Who did you see playing Darcy (besides Kate)?




Ahh!! I'm so excited about this. Ok ladies...read the book then plan a girls night out and see the movie. We can all report back after!

XOXO

P.S. Due to the tornadoes in Nashville yesterday, Nik did not get to leave. They rescheduled his flight for this afternoon. So, say a little prayer for Nik and Lauren today. 

3 comments:

  1. ok, so I'm like wicked late on this but I just read the book then watched the trailer and I think I"m going to be VERY disappointed! I'm loving the cast, but why is Ethan in NYC and why doesn't Marcus more of role in the movie?!?! Did they combine both books into one movie or what?!?!? I cannot wait for the movie to come out on DVD so I can see it now! Were you disappointed?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had all of the same concerns. I didn't get a chance to see the movie. It wasn't in theaters long if that gives you an idea about how it was. I will watch it when it comes out on dvd. I have a feeling it won't compare to the book. It has been a favorite of mine for a very long time. So, it bums me out! I'll report back after I see it!!

    ReplyDelete