4.07.2011

Jodi Picoult

Writing about Something Borrowed earlier this week inspired me to do a post about one of my favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. I love her books. I had the pleasure of seeing her speak. She had just released Handle with Care. Her book Nineteen Minutes was Dayton's Big Read a couple of years ago so she came to Dayton to do a book signing and read a portion of Handle with Care. I loved hearing her discuss how much time and research she puts into each book. I thought I would highlight some of my favorites for you.


This is by far my favorite, it's about a school shooting. I had never read her books prior to reading this one. She had me hooked immediately. She tends to grab your attention right away. Her books also have twists and turns that surprise me. Which I LOVE! I started reading this book on my flight home from Vegas. I'm a crier. (Seriously...I cry at tv commercials so it doesn't take much) But, I had no idea that I would be crying on the plane and praying that no one noticed. Thankfully, it wasn't a full flight! I just have to say, well done Jodi! You made me an instant fan with this one!


My next book was The Pact. I think I read the entire thing in three days. That tends to happen with her books. The topic can be somewhat heavy but you can't put it down.


Vanishing Acts was another solid read!


Plain Truth has a Lifetime Movie based on it. Mariska Hargitay stars in it. 


Maybe some of you have seen the movie My Sister's Keeper based on this book. It stars Cameron Diaz, Alec Baldwin and Abigail Breslin. If you didn't read the book before seeing the movie then you need to. The book is SO MUCH better. Read It!

I have stacks of her books sitting at home. I did read Handle With Care. That was a lot to handle so I took a little break and I think I'm ready for more. Sitting in my bookcase I have Perfect Match, The Tenth Circle, Mercy and Salem Falls. I have read Change of Heart also. There is a Grey's Anatomy episode with a VERY similar plot...I wonder where Shonda Rhimes got her inspiration?!?!

Here is a link to her website. I hope you all check out her books...if you haven't already!

XOXO

P.S. I would like to let all of you know that Nik safely made it to Kuwait yesterday. My sister has talked to him and he is doing ok. He was going to his base yesterday morning. At least we can say the Army wasn't at fault for Monday's delay, we can blame Mother Nature for that one! I'm just glad that he made it safely, now we just need this deployment to fly by so he can come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment