4.28.2011

Crazy Weather

I'm pretty sure I saw the makings of a tornado yesterday. It was terrifying. My commute to work was less than enjoyable. This cloud was BLACK, it came to a point and there was movement happening. It wasn't funneling. So, I guess it wasn't an actual tornado...yet. But, it had the potential to be. All of a sudden it would start raining for only about 30 seconds but it was Hard and the drops were BIG. Then, it would stop but a gust of wind would nearly blow my car off of the road. I nearly peed my pants. I just wanted to get away from it. By the time, I hit the next town (which was only a few miles) the sun was shining. That is not normal! I was thankful when I got to work and my co-worker saw the same cloud. I'm not crazy. It was scary and she thought it was a tornado too. I was prepared to pull over and get in a ditch...NOT KIDDING!

But, in all seriousness, I'm thankful that it wasn't a "real" tornado. I was watching the Today Show this morning and there was footage of Alabama. That is heartbreaking. There is so much damage and so many died as a result of the storm. A girl I went to college with lives in Alabama, they are ok. But, it's predicted they will be without power for a while. According to Al Roker, this storm is worse than the one that hit Xenia in 1970 which as of yesterday was the worst tornado to hit the U.S. My heart goes out to all of those that were effected by this storm in the South. I know it's moving on to the East Coast today so be safe everyone!

Have a happy Thursday and keep an eye out for these crazy storms!

XOXO

P.S. Tomorrow at this time Kate Middleton will be Princess Catherine!!

1 comment:

  1. According to E! she will be Countess Catherine Eugenia Middletonberton of Buckleburyton.

    "It's fun, it's different, no one else has a name like it."

    ReplyDelete