4.21.2011

COOKIES

I think it's time to show off my baking skills. I LOVE to bake cookies. I just haven't done it since I started this blog. I'm hosting our quarterly coordinator's meeting tomorrow so I figured I would bake a little something for the ladies! I have 2 different kinds of sugar cookies that I like to bake. I love to do the cut outs and royal icing because I think it's fun to decorate them. I didn't really have time for all of that so I went with the Lofthouse Cookies instead.


The coloring is pretty bad on these. They are actually a lavendar color. But, this is just an iPhone picture in poor lighting so it will have to do. This dough has to sit overnight. When I have to make these during the week it's a 3 step process. I make the dough then let it refrigerate. The next day I bake them. The third day I ice them. It's a process but it makes my life a little easier.



These are my pride and joy! This was my FIRST attempt at sugar cookies and royal icing from scratch. My Santa's are my favorite. Their mouths are made of a single red sprinkle. I later made Reindeer and Gingerbread men. I used a recipe from Bake at 350 for the sugar cookie. My royal icing came from Cupcakes and Cashmere. I recommend using the squeeze bottles as opposed to piping bags. I feel like I have more control that way.


As you know, the bestie is in Poland. It wouldn't have been a proper going away party without Polish flag sugar cookies. They were a hit and I'm glad I could contribute to the party in my own little way.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to post on here and let you know that I LOVE the blog! It's blocked at work but I check it every night when I'm laying on the couch with Parker sleeping on my chest.

    Please send some cookies my way ;) They look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, I'm so glad you read it!! Let's have a reunion soon and I'll bring you some cookies. I miss the adorable Sevel Family!

    ReplyDelete